Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Journal Entry

Many couples will hit a "Bump in the road" during their fertility treatment.
Mine was this day. Below is my journal entry.


2/28/07

Yesterdays appointment didn't go as well as I hoped it would.

The Dr. now seems a bit concerned about how many eggs I will produce. I knew my egg count was a bit low for my age, but he didn't seem too worried about it.

However, at yesterday's appointment, he told me he's worried I won't produce the 12-17 follicles and eggs he'd like to see.

It seems that he isn't as much concerned about my body accepting the eggs, rather the ability to produce enough good eggs. Originally, he wanted to do a day 5 transfer, which means he'd grow the embryos 5 days and implant the best then. However, now he's thinking we'll have to do a day 3 transfer, which I'm perfectly ok with...just nervous.

I should have asked for a detailed explanation, but due to the Lupron I had a terrible migraine and random hot flashes and I didn't think to ask.

He said he was going to take a more aggressive approach for us since we are only doing one cycle. This sits fine with both my husband and I. We trust that he's been doing this long enough that he knows what to do to increase our chances of becoming pregnant.

As I sit here today, I'm praying that I produce plenty of good eggs for my retrieval and transfer and that we're expecting in a month!

No comments: