Monday, February 26, 2007

17 days and counting!

I just got off the phone with the hospital manager from the Dr's office.

She called to remind me of my appointment tomorrow and what I needed to do. Such as remember my medications; I will be having another teaching tomorrow on how to give the next set of injections. She also wanted to let me know that I will be having more blood work done tomorrow and answered a few questions I had for her.

(1) I've read that I should be taking in more protein. Her answer was to follow all recommended dietary guidelines.
(2) Can I get a prescription for EMLA, a numbing creme used to help with the pain of the progesterone injections? The answer...no. This Dr. doesn't recommend that medication.

We're getting down to the wire. Next week we will have to be available around the clock...or between 8am-5pm anyway. :) I will have another blood test done on Monday, March 5th and ultrasounds approximately every other day from that point on, until the retrieval.

She reminded me that we are at a crucial point in this. Everything must stay on schedule and we are not to make any weekend plans for March 10 & 11th, as we may need to be there one or both of those days!

I'm having a hard time containing my excitement! This whole process is a dream come true. I've longed for another baby for years and now, it's going to happen and I truly couldn't be happier!
'myspace

No comments: