Well, it's almost December 1st. Had we been successful at our first IVF attempt, I'd be due with a baby any day now.
I've had my ups and downs over the last several months. I've gained weight, felt sorry for myself, asked why several times, but am now ready to just move on.
As of late, my youngest sister volunteered to be a surrogate for us. She was willing to use her eggs to fulfill our dream of having a another child.
Last week, we decided to postpone things. Both my husband and I had this unsettling feeling that something wasn't right.
For now, we are content with our decision to stop the process. Although we'd love to have a baby, something is telling us to stop.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Friday, June 1, 2007
Our IVF journey ends for now...
Sadly, our recent bump in the road has forced us to end our second IVF journey.
I prayed about the situation and am at peace with our decision.
Thank you for all your support.
-Melissa
I prayed about the situation and am at peace with our decision.
Thank you for all your support.
-Melissa
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Holding out for good news tomorrow...
I'm pretty open on this blog, but I got some news tonight that may halt our entire process...and although I'm not going to really get into it here...a lot is riding on what we hear tomorrow from our Dr.
Sometimes I wonder if I've ever wanted anything as bad as this baby...everything seems to be on track...it looks like the perfect month for us to do this and then today...bump in the road...
I'm not one to complain much. I just have to know that if this bump stops our process then it's truly not the right time.
Sometimes I wonder if I've ever wanted anything as bad as this baby...everything seems to be on track...it looks like the perfect month for us to do this and then today...bump in the road...
I'm not one to complain much. I just have to know that if this bump stops our process then it's truly not the right time.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Ultrasound brings good news!
Today was our first ultrasound since deciding to give Invitro another try.
Good News!
We have 10 baby follicles developing!! That's super! We haven't seen more than 5 or 6 through this entire process so to have 10 before any medications or treatments is a great start!
My next appointment is June 4th. We'll see where to go from there!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Received my IVF/Antagon Schedule!
I received my IVF calender today! The next 30 days will be very busy for us!
May 22 - Start BCP (Birth Control Pills). Continue until June 3rd.
May 29 - Ultrasound
May 30 - Payment due.
June 4 - Ultrasound, and teaching (new meds).
June 7 - Egg stimulation starts!! One pill per day...one injection per day.
June 12 - Mock transfer, regular ultrasound appointments begin!! We're getting close!!
June 17/18 - Possible Ovidril Injection Date
June 19/20 - Possible Egg Retrieval Dates
June 21/22/23 - Possible Transfer Dates
The next 30 days are sure to be busy ones! On top of this we are trying to sell our home!!
You can track our countdown at the bottom of the page!
May 22 - Start BCP (Birth Control Pills). Continue until June 3rd.
May 29 - Ultrasound
May 30 - Payment due.
June 4 - Ultrasound, and teaching (new meds).
June 7 - Egg stimulation starts!! One pill per day...one injection per day.
June 12 - Mock transfer, regular ultrasound appointments begin!! We're getting close!!
June 17/18 - Possible Ovidril Injection Date
June 19/20 - Possible Egg Retrieval Dates
June 21/22/23 - Possible Transfer Dates
The next 30 days are sure to be busy ones! On top of this we are trying to sell our home!!
You can track our countdown at the bottom of the page!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Excited!
I called my Dr. today to let them know that I started my cycle. I also needed to tell them that my husband is being transfered to another state and we are putting our home on the market.
I wanted to know how Dr. R. felt about this and if we should move forward this month or just go with our original plan of waiting and seeing...and maybe doing a transfer mid-summer.
To my surprise, his office called and told me we're starting TODAY!
So, off to the hospital I went for blood work and the pharmacy for my first prescription.
Now, I'm awaiting a phone call from the Dr. instructing me on what to do next.
I'll continue to update...
I wanted to know how Dr. R. felt about this and if we should move forward this month or just go with our original plan of waiting and seeing...and maybe doing a transfer mid-summer.
To my surprise, his office called and told me we're starting TODAY!
So, off to the hospital I went for blood work and the pharmacy for my first prescription.
Now, I'm awaiting a phone call from the Dr. instructing me on what to do next.
I'll continue to update...
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
2 weeks and I'm getting nervous!
I'm now down to just 2 weeks before I start IVF blood work again.
I really can't explain my emotions. I'm nervous and excited.
I'm scared to death to fail again! Emotionally, I'm not sure how I would handle another failure. Last time I cried for nearly a week straight! The difference this time is that I now know that I can fail where as before I didn't even think failure was an option!
This time around I feel the Dr. is better equipped for the ups and downs of my body along with how it responds to the medications. I get excited thinking that this time it might actually work!
My husband and I have already decided that if the blood work and ultrasound look good, we're going to give it another try. If it doesn't, or the Dr. has doubt in our ability to conceive, we will look into adoption.
Wish us luck!
I really can't explain my emotions. I'm nervous and excited.
I'm scared to death to fail again! Emotionally, I'm not sure how I would handle another failure. Last time I cried for nearly a week straight! The difference this time is that I now know that I can fail where as before I didn't even think failure was an option!
This time around I feel the Dr. is better equipped for the ups and downs of my body along with how it responds to the medications. I get excited thinking that this time it might actually work!
My husband and I have already decided that if the blood work and ultrasound look good, we're going to give it another try. If it doesn't, or the Dr. has doubt in our ability to conceive, we will look into adoption.
Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
