I'm pretty open on this blog, but I got some news tonight that may halt our entire process...and although I'm not going to really get into it here...a lot is riding on what we hear tomorrow from our Dr.
Sometimes I wonder if I've ever wanted anything as bad as this baby...everything seems to be on track...it looks like the perfect month for us to do this and then today...bump in the road...
I'm not one to complain much. I just have to know that if this bump stops our process then it's truly not the right time.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Ultrasound brings good news!
Today was our first ultrasound since deciding to give Invitro another try.
Good News!
We have 10 baby follicles developing!! That's super! We haven't seen more than 5 or 6 through this entire process so to have 10 before any medications or treatments is a great start!
My next appointment is June 4th. We'll see where to go from there!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Received my IVF/Antagon Schedule!
I received my IVF calender today! The next 30 days will be very busy for us!
May 22 - Start BCP (Birth Control Pills). Continue until June 3rd.
May 29 - Ultrasound
May 30 - Payment due.
June 4 - Ultrasound, and teaching (new meds).
June 7 - Egg stimulation starts!! One pill per day...one injection per day.
June 12 - Mock transfer, regular ultrasound appointments begin!! We're getting close!!
June 17/18 - Possible Ovidril Injection Date
June 19/20 - Possible Egg Retrieval Dates
June 21/22/23 - Possible Transfer Dates
The next 30 days are sure to be busy ones! On top of this we are trying to sell our home!!
You can track our countdown at the bottom of the page!
May 22 - Start BCP (Birth Control Pills). Continue until June 3rd.
May 29 - Ultrasound
May 30 - Payment due.
June 4 - Ultrasound, and teaching (new meds).
June 7 - Egg stimulation starts!! One pill per day...one injection per day.
June 12 - Mock transfer, regular ultrasound appointments begin!! We're getting close!!
June 17/18 - Possible Ovidril Injection Date
June 19/20 - Possible Egg Retrieval Dates
June 21/22/23 - Possible Transfer Dates
The next 30 days are sure to be busy ones! On top of this we are trying to sell our home!!
You can track our countdown at the bottom of the page!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Excited!
I called my Dr. today to let them know that I started my cycle. I also needed to tell them that my husband is being transfered to another state and we are putting our home on the market.
I wanted to know how Dr. R. felt about this and if we should move forward this month or just go with our original plan of waiting and seeing...and maybe doing a transfer mid-summer.
To my surprise, his office called and told me we're starting TODAY!
So, off to the hospital I went for blood work and the pharmacy for my first prescription.
Now, I'm awaiting a phone call from the Dr. instructing me on what to do next.
I'll continue to update...
I wanted to know how Dr. R. felt about this and if we should move forward this month or just go with our original plan of waiting and seeing...and maybe doing a transfer mid-summer.
To my surprise, his office called and told me we're starting TODAY!
So, off to the hospital I went for blood work and the pharmacy for my first prescription.
Now, I'm awaiting a phone call from the Dr. instructing me on what to do next.
I'll continue to update...
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
2 weeks and I'm getting nervous!
I'm now down to just 2 weeks before I start IVF blood work again.
I really can't explain my emotions. I'm nervous and excited.
I'm scared to death to fail again! Emotionally, I'm not sure how I would handle another failure. Last time I cried for nearly a week straight! The difference this time is that I now know that I can fail where as before I didn't even think failure was an option!
This time around I feel the Dr. is better equipped for the ups and downs of my body along with how it responds to the medications. I get excited thinking that this time it might actually work!
My husband and I have already decided that if the blood work and ultrasound look good, we're going to give it another try. If it doesn't, or the Dr. has doubt in our ability to conceive, we will look into adoption.
Wish us luck!
I really can't explain my emotions. I'm nervous and excited.
I'm scared to death to fail again! Emotionally, I'm not sure how I would handle another failure. Last time I cried for nearly a week straight! The difference this time is that I now know that I can fail where as before I didn't even think failure was an option!
This time around I feel the Dr. is better equipped for the ups and downs of my body along with how it responds to the medications. I get excited thinking that this time it might actually work!
My husband and I have already decided that if the blood work and ultrasound look good, we're going to give it another try. If it doesn't, or the Dr. has doubt in our ability to conceive, we will look into adoption.
Wish us luck!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
A month away from 2nd attempt!
I'm not sure how I feel about the month of May yet.
Part of me is anxious, part of me is scared. I'm anxious to try again, to hopefully be successful this time around. I'm scared because I don't want to fail again. I don't want to cry those tears again. I don't want to feel that pain again.
I'm due to go back next month for blood work and an ultrasound to see what my body has decided to do since our IVF failure in March.
If the blood work looks good and the ultrasound looks good, we'll make a go at another attempt in June. If things aren't looking so good, we'll most likely wait until late summer.
We have quite a few things on our plate right now. The IVF process is stressful enough, I don't want to add any more stress to it!
Since our failure, I've taken time to heal from the heartache. I've visited Dr. R and decided that this time I will be confident, but remind myself that things can change in a heartbeat.
I've recommended Dr. R to a couple of people. One friend of mine is using his services and raves about him. He truly is a one-of-a-kind Dr!
A couple of weeks ago my husband and I received a card and a check refunding us our transfer fee from Dr. R! I was so surprised because no where in the paperwork does it imply that a refund would be granted if a procedure isn't done.
I'm so lucky to have found him and will continue to praise his work. He's an incredible Dr!
I will update as things progress!
Part of me is anxious, part of me is scared. I'm anxious to try again, to hopefully be successful this time around. I'm scared because I don't want to fail again. I don't want to cry those tears again. I don't want to feel that pain again.
I'm due to go back next month for blood work and an ultrasound to see what my body has decided to do since our IVF failure in March.
If the blood work looks good and the ultrasound looks good, we'll make a go at another attempt in June. If things aren't looking so good, we'll most likely wait until late summer.
We have quite a few things on our plate right now. The IVF process is stressful enough, I don't want to add any more stress to it!
Since our failure, I've taken time to heal from the heartache. I've visited Dr. R and decided that this time I will be confident, but remind myself that things can change in a heartbeat.
I've recommended Dr. R to a couple of people. One friend of mine is using his services and raves about him. He truly is a one-of-a-kind Dr!
A couple of weeks ago my husband and I received a card and a check refunding us our transfer fee from Dr. R! I was so surprised because no where in the paperwork does it imply that a refund would be granted if a procedure isn't done.
I'm so lucky to have found him and will continue to praise his work. He's an incredible Dr!
I will update as things progress!
Thursday, March 22, 2007
•·.·´¯`·.·• Baby Update! •·.·´¯`·.·•
We went back to the Dr. today and had a long discussion as to what our options are and set a game plan.
Right now, we've decided to use my eggs for one more IVF try. (we still may use my sisters if this doesn't work). The Dr. agreed to give us a bit of a discount (whew), but did warn us that our medications would probably cost $1,000 more than before.
He is going to put me on totally different meds! I'm really happy about this. He's also going to give me a new Rx that is proving to be good for young, healthy women who just don't respond well to just regular stim meds and produce few eggs.
Right now, I'm set to have some bloodwork & an ultrasound done in May. Depending on what those show we'll start in June or July.
He said he'd rather not rush into trying again right away, rather give me some time and give my body some time to get back on a schedule. Which is just fine with me!!!
•·.·´¯`·.·• Fundraiser Update! •·.·´¯`·.·•
We've had 18 donations! Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much we appreciate all of your support and encouragement!!!
Right now, we've decided to use my eggs for one more IVF try. (we still may use my sisters if this doesn't work). The Dr. agreed to give us a bit of a discount (whew), but did warn us that our medications would probably cost $1,000 more than before.
He is going to put me on totally different meds! I'm really happy about this. He's also going to give me a new Rx that is proving to be good for young, healthy women who just don't respond well to just regular stim meds and produce few eggs.
Right now, I'm set to have some bloodwork & an ultrasound done in May. Depending on what those show we'll start in June or July.
He said he'd rather not rush into trying again right away, rather give me some time and give my body some time to get back on a schedule. Which is just fine with me!!!
•·.·´¯`·.·• Fundraiser Update! •·.·´¯`·.·•
We've had 18 donations! Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much we appreciate all of your support and encouragement!!!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
